Re: [exim] Message logging with SQL

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ron White
題目: Re: [exim] Message logging with SQL
On Thu, 2010-05-06 at 10:50 +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> On Thu, 6 May 2010, Ron White wrote:
>
> > I'd really prefer to get Exim to write this on the fly as a message
> > passes through. I can *half* do what I want - rejected messages don't
> > appear to be a problem. It's the accepted messages that are the issue!
> > Getting at the data I want in particular. It saves a lot of parsing out
> > afterwards :-)
>
> You could try adding an ACL entry at the bottom of the DATA ACL that does
> your logging, but I can't guarantee that the message will actually be
> accepted at this point, for example it might be refused before or after
> the DATA ACL because Exim doesn't have enough disk space, and that might
> not be logged in any SQL database.
>
> You could also try a condition on each router, as one of these must be
> accepted or the message will not be delivered.
>
> Cheers, Chris.
> --
> _ ___ __     _
>   / __/ / ,__(_)_  | Chris Wilson <0000 at qwirx.com> - Cambs UK |
> / (_/ ,\/ _/ /_ \ | Security/C/C++/Java/Perl/SQL/HTML Developer |
> \ _/_/_/_//_/___/ | We are GNU-free your mind-and your software |

Thanks Chris,

Putting it in the router would be great for me, but I already have a
condition in each and I'm not sure if I can specify multiple condition
lines per router?

I agree that something could go wrong with the transport and the message
would fail but still be logged as a success. It's also data feedback
from the transport that I really need like 'I wrote that message to
file /foo/bar/hum' or 'I got a 250 from the destination server'.

This information mostly gets written to the logs, but I don't think it's
available during the life of a message to 'use' in my concept.