Re: [exim] Message logging with SQL

Autor: Chris Wilson
A: Ron White
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Message logging with SQL
Hi Ron,

On Thu, 6 May 2010, Ron White wrote:

> I'd really prefer to get Exim to write this on the fly as a message
> passes through. I can *half* do what I want - rejected messages don't
> appear to be a problem. It's the accepted messages that are the issue!
> Getting at the data I want in particular. It saves a lot of parsing out
> afterwards :-)

You could try adding an ACL entry at the bottom of the DATA ACL that does
your logging, but I can't guarantee that the message will actually be
accepted at this point, for example it might be refused before or after
the DATA ACL because Exim doesn't have enough disk space, and that might
not be logged in any SQL database.

You could also try a condition on each router, as one of these must be
accepted or the message will not be delivered.

Cheers, Chris.
--