Re: [exim] Outlook failing gnutls_handshake after resetting …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Outlook failing gnutls_handshake after resetting up on ubuntu 9.10
jwexler@??? wrote:

> Bill and Ron,
>
> I want to thank you also for your help with this. Indeed, during my searching
> on this issue, I saw that others also expressed preference for openssl over
> gnutls. Also, that is very helpful information on the microsoft issues with
> submission on port 587 and the tls_on_connect_ports = 465 work around.
>
> For now, given that I can send again by disabling tls_try_verify_hosts (or
> rather commenting out the tls_try_verify_hosts = * setting, I am considering
> this issue closed for now.
>
> Thank you again for all your help.
>
> Best regards, Jeff

Ah, so ... CAVEAT: I quit using that test long ago..

One of the more 'general' things you may want to do is to insure you do NOT
apply 'all available' checks on your own broadband/dial-up, WiFi - whatever -
submission clients.

Whether at home or traveling, these will (and arguably *should*) fail many tests
that a full-scale 'fixed base' fixed-IP peer MTA should pass.

Nothing to do with the choice of MUA. Much do do with its environment.

Though you may not have otherwise hit that wall (yet) it is worth keeping in
mind as you grow toward more stringent tests.

HTH,

Bill