Re: [exim] pgsql login allowing mysterious sending

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mark Adams
To: Chris Wilson
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [exim] pgsql login allowing mysterious sending
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 11:48:20AM +0200, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Hi Mark,

Hi Chris,

> On Tue, 4 May 2010, Mark Adams wrote:
>
>> An example of one of the spam mails being sent out shows in the log as
>> follows; note that instead of rejecting the login it just shows as
>> blank.
>>
>> 1O8epJ-0006Ft-Sj <= nlexluon@??? H=(geembr.com)
>> [59.35.97.251] P=esmtpa A=pgsql_login: S=2743
>> id=d5d9f8280c874dbe93f0564fd56a8d83@fb9d2058f7ab4242ae7bbe23bd70bf11
>>
>> I've tested myself with blank user/pass and it shows an authentication
>> failure as it should -- how are they getting through here?? Any help
>> appreciated.
>
> Have you tried a blank username with a password?

Yes I have tested this, it also correctly gives the Incorrect
Authentication detail message.

>> pgsql_login:
>>        driver = plaintext
>>        public_name = LOGIN
>>        server_prompts = "Username:: : Password::"
>>        server_condition = \
>>        ${if and {{eq{$1}{${lookup pgsql \
>>        {SELECT userid || '@' || domain FROM fn_mail_user_get_active_smtp ('${quote_pgsql:$1}')}}}}\
>>        {eq{$2}{${lookup pgsql\
>>        {SELECT password FROM fn_mail_user_get_active_smtp ('${quote_pgsql:$1}')}}}}}{yes}{no}}
>>        server_set_id = $1

> It looks like you're using PostgreSQL "table functions" in your queries.
> Without knowing what those functions do, it's difficult to tell what
> might be happening. You might like to avoid them in order to diagnose the
> problem.

This is fn_mail_user_get_active_smtp:

CREATE FUNCTION fn_mail_user_get_active_smtp(character varying) RETURNS
SETOF users
    LANGUAGE plpgsql
    AS $_$

DECLARE

    in_email       ALIAS for $1;
    usercheck      users%ROWTYPE;

BEGIN

        SELECT INTO usercheck
                *
        FROM
            users
        WHERE
            userid || '@' || domain  = lower(in_email)
            AND
            status IN (1,2)
            AND
            b_isadmin IS FALSE
        ORDER BY
            userid;

        RETURN NEXT usercheck;
END;$_$;

> It's possible that these queries return multiple rows in random order.
>
> It's possible that you have a user with no password in your database and
> the spammer somehow got lucky in selecting that user.

There isn't any users that don't have passwords, and if so the log
should show the username being used.

> I think it's unsafe to use $1 and $2 because they could be modified by
> matching during the query.

What else should be used instead?