Re: [exim] Was to remove the words Spam: from a subject line…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Was to remove the words Spam: from a subject line?
Kevin wrote:
> Due to the use of TrendMicro which is marking messages it thinks might be
> spam going out to the Internet with "Spam: " to the beginning of the Subject
> line, I am looking at the possibility of having one of our Exim transport
> machines strip that that before passing it on.
>
> I know how to add to a subject line, but not quite sure if there is a way to
> remove something from a subject line.
>
> Example Header:
>
> Subject: Spam: Test
>
> Where the original Subject line was:
>
> Subject: Test
>
> As of the moment, I can't do anything about the Trend Micro decision.

Exim can either/both re-write a(ny) header and 'bump' it to a higher or lower
position, OR remove it and (optionally) replace it altogether.

- Have a look at the full source of the message and see if Trend Micro has
preserved the older header and just pushed it down the pile.

CAVEAT; Not much you can do if Trend Micro gets its mittens on the traffic AFTER
it has transited your Exim. But as to whether you can alter how Trend Micro
rates the message and makes the decision it is spam - sometimes you very much
can fix up the traffic to reduce that.

But you need more information as to what it is claiming is unwelcome.

HTH,

Bill