Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mail help

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mail help
Francesco Pasqualini wrote:
> Thanks Ron, fixed !
>
> what I was missing is just to call the defined ACL:
>
> acl_smtp_mail = acl_check_mail
>
> Another error is that I was naming the acl exactly acl_smtp_mail that I
> think is a reserved config word
>
> thanks a lot

AFAIK, you actually *can* use the built-in names directly for the acl sections,
but it is a much better idea to use the 'mapping' to names of your own.

Also very useful for comparison testing:

I keep an acl<whater>_p for production use, and and acl_<whatever>_t for testing.

My 'stock' _t is simply an 'accept' - basically to skip all checking of its
session phase and let me focus on debugging the others. This also serves as a
label or 'marker' for entry into each phase in the longish configure files I
tend to use.

But .. it could just as well be complex.

So a minor edit to map which one is active/not lets me use one or the other w/o
having to do multiple insert/delete of a largish chunk of text - possibly into
the wrong place, or with an unexpected line break.

Handy that....

Bill