Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mail help

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ron White
Ημερομηνία:
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] acl_smtp_mail help
On Sat, 2010-05-01 at 16:24 +0200, Francesco Pasqualini wrote:
> hi all,
> I'm trying to use acl_smtp_mail (exim4 on ubuntu)
>
> The acl does not work, like it wasn't there.
>
> For example my config.autogenerated is as follow, bat every mail is
> accepted:
>
> acl_smtp_mail:
>
> deny message = User has been blocked
>          senders  = *

> deny
>
> What I'm missing ?
>
> thanks

Are you actually calling/referencing your defined acl in one of the
acl_smtp_xxxx directives in the main section of the runtime
configuration? Such as:

acl_smtp_rcpt = acl_smtp_mail
or
acl_smtp_data = acl_smtp_mail

For troubleshooting the acid test to see what is happening would be to
run a debug session on the command line (here pretending to be from a
gmail IP):
exim -d -bh 209.85.229.27
giving it the normal smtp commands one at at time such as:
helo .
mail from: <>
rcpt to: your.user@???
data

This should show what is/is not going on. The logs may well have useful
information too.