Re: [exim] Advice on a Regexp requested

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Advice on a Regexp requested
W B Hacker wrote:
> Given a subordinate 'Received' header containing the likes of:

> With a target of matching the 'PowerMTA' substring
>
> AND an unpredictable number of characters preceeding it...
>
> What might we have in Exim's toolbox AND NOT an external call, that is as
> predictable / reliable as an SQL 'LIKE' comparison?
>
> But more efficient of resources...

PCRE + forany?

Magnus Holmgren has this wonderful construct for looking up all the IP
addresses in received headers .. perhaps it could be modified? It
doesn't use forany.
http://www.mail-archive.com/exim-users@exim.org/msg22684.html

It doesn't seem to use forany .. and I really have no idea how to use it
:P Now that I offload things to a program listening on a socket, I've
become really lazy.

condition = ${if forany{\n, $h_Received:}{match{$item}{PowerMTA/i}}}

No idea if that works .. at all.

--
The Exim Manual: http://docs.exim.org/