Re: [exim] Saving roundtrips to MySQL by storing previous re…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Matthew Newton
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: W B Hacker
Υ/ο: exim users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Saving roundtrips to MySQL by storing previous resultsin ACL variables
On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 04:23:50AM -0400, W B Hacker wrote:
> > exim -d+all-memory -bd 2>&1 | tee session.out
>
> Sorry - Mea Culpa.
>
> I meant in /var/log/exim/mainlog
>
> and 'untattended' mode - no ssh/console session attached.

exim -d+all-memory -bd -q30m 2>&1 >> /var/log/exim/mainlog &

You might want to configure exim to put its mainlog elsewhere.

;-)

Seriously, it doesn't look like there is an option to do this in
log_selector - I guess because you'd not normally want this level
of detail in exim's mainlog. Don't see why you couldn't just run
it as a background task logging to a separate file, though.

Someone else with more knowledge of exim's internals may be able
to help more. The initial command I gave usually works well enough
for me.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>