[exim] Not-quit ACL and "SMTP connection lost after final do…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tony Meyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Not-quit ACL and "SMTP connection lost after final dot"
Hi,

The documentation for the not-QUIT ACL says:

"""
The not-QUIT ACL, specified by acl_smtp_notquit, is run in most cases
when an SMTP session ends without sending QUIT.
"""

One of the cases that isn't included (as far as I can tell by testing
and reading src/receive.c) is when the connection is lost before the
final "." in DATA is received. This is logged ("SMTP connection lost
after final dot") and handled appropriately (spool files deleted,
etc), but the ACL isn't called.

This clearly isn't a bug (because of the "most"), but it seems like it
would be a logical place to call the not-QUIT ACL (the docs intimate
that the cases where the ACL isn't called are generally expected to
only be those were it's not technically possible because of resource
constraints or other serious problems).

I'm planning on patching my local Exim so that the ACL is called in
this case, and I was wondering whether this would be something that
should be submitted back, or whether the status quo is preferred for
the main distribution.

Thanks,
Tony