Re: [exim] Saving roundtrips to MySQL by storing previous re…

Author: Ron White
Subject: Re: [exim] Saving roundtrips to MySQL by storing previous results in ACL variables
On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 20:29 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 04/28/2010 04:47 PM, Ron White wrote:
> > SELECT email,usertype,inbound,outbound FROM mailusers WHERE
> > email='${quote_mysql:$local_part}@${quote_mysql:$domain}';
>
> Certainly. I do just that (with pgsql or ldap, depending). Bung it
> all into a single acl_m_foo variable - you can have named ones
> as well as the numbered ones these days. Pull apart later as
> needed using ${extract.
>
> Cheers,
>      Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. I can 'split' it out with ${extract.. a big thank you for
the nudge. One other thing. How do I actually get it into a variable to
start with? I know it should be obvious, I know I should know how, but I
honestly don't know how to make the initial assignment. Is it as simple
as:
acl_m_whatevs = SELECT x,x,x,x from
?
Or is it curly brace city?