Re: [exim] Gmail Hates Me

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Robert Stackhouse, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Gmail Hates Me

--On 27 April 2010 09:02:06 -0500 Robert Stackhouse
<robertstackhouse@???> wrote:

> Gmail's servers keep kicking back my test emails from my VPS. I followed
> the support link in the 550 message, and it said that the reason for being
> blocked is that the sending IP didn't match the domain.
>
> I just ran nslookup on my windows box at work and got the following
> result:
>
> C:\>nslookup 98.129.169.120
> Server: [removed]
> Address: [removed]
>
> Name:    robertstackhouse.com
> Address:  98.129.169.120

> I'm kinda a newb at this MTA stuff. Can someone see if I did anything
> wonky from the message details below?

That might be easier if you included all the message headers in this
message. Unfortunately, the gmail link seems to be broken, so we need all
the clues we can get if we're going to help.

You don't appear to be on any RBLs, and your SPF seems to check out (but
check your HELO string). Do you DKIM Sign your email?

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex