Re: [exim] Redirect Router: forced to fail, with a custom er…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Redirect Router: forced to fail, with a custom error message?
On 27 April 2010 16:04, John Burnham <John.Burnham@???> wrote:

>> Reading through the docs:
>> http://exim.org/exim-html-4.50/doc/html/spec_22.html#CHAP22
>> I was really interested to read this:
>>
>> The incoming address can be redirected in several different
>> ways:... It
>> can be forced to fail, with a custom error message.
>>
>> This would be really handy for 'noreply' and 'goneaway' type
>> users so I
>> thought I'd give it a try. I can get it to match OK with this router:
>> #RARE CASE ROUTER - USER IS NOT ALLOWED INBOUND MAIL
>> reject_noreply:
>> driver          = redirect
>> data            = noreply@???,:fail: Gone away, no
>> forwarding
>> address
>> allow_fail      = true
>>
>> My objective would be to give a 550 'Gone away, no forwarding address'
>> with a connection drop at this point.
>
> Now, if do it with a router - those run after the email has been accepted and a fail there will generate a bounce email.

This case is a little more complicated - the OP has recipient
verification turned on, and the routers are called after a RCPT to
determine if a recipient is valid.

What actually is determined is that a recipient is routeable - in this
case, the 'invalid' recipient is, because it meets the conditions of a
router. The fact that the result of its routing would lead to an NDR
due to the 'fail' redirection isn't relevant - the redirection isn't
processed.

The two suggestions to deal with this situation in an ACL are good.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???