Re: [exim] Modify behaviour of 451 Could not complete recipi…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Modify behaviour of 451 Could not complete recipient verify callout
On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:26:43 +0100, Ron White <exim.ml@???> wrote:
> The ACL stanza performing the call out looks like this:
>
> drop    message  = REJECTED - Remote Recipient Verify Failed
>         log_message = relay recipient verification failed
>         domains   = +hosted_domains
>         !verify   = recipient/callout=15s,defer_ok,no_cache

Just to get your head around it: the drop action acts on the whole ACL
stanza together with precedence given to the first line. Try it like this:

drop    !verify   = recipient/callout=15s,defer_ok,no_cache
        message  = REJECTED - Remote Recipient Verify Failed
        log_message = relay recipient verification failed
        domains   = +hosted_domains

In the former case, the "message" line is always true but a following
condition fails for some reason - I have no idea why the defer_ok isn't
being honoured there, though.
The latter case *should* give you what you want. Maybe :)

Graeme