Re: [exim] Exim FreeBSD queue separate runnes

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim FreeBSD queue separate runnes
Proskurin Kirill wrote:
> Hello.
>
> May be wrong list...
>
> I found in Debian Exim option to make a separete queue runner in
> /etc/default/exim4
> It is looks like this:
>
> /usr/sbin/exim4 -bd
> /usr/sbin/exim4 -oP /var/run/exim4/eximqr.pid -q5m
>
> How make this in FreeBSD? RC script seems to don`t know anything about
> this.

In /etc/rc.conf, I have:

exim_enable="YES"
exim_flags="-bd -q55s"

CAVEAT; my 55s(econds) might be a bit aggressive. Your 5m(inutes) will work.

NB: There are lots of other flags possible. Same location, space-separated on
the same line. Usually.

Same technique and location for SpamAssassin, ClamAV, etc if you use those,
including EUID:EGID .pidfile location, log location, privs mask, port or
socket.... etc.

HTH

Bill