Re: [exim] Looking for a sample configuration

Autor: Jim Trigg
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Looking for a sample configuration
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jim Cheetham <jim@???> wrote:
> If the users that are receiving email are supposed to have system
> (shell) accounts for other reasons, and the whole domain-without-tld
> naming scheme has a valid use for permissions in the file system, then
> it's worth pursuing your current idea. However, if the only reason these
> 'users' exist is related to email, then I recommend virtualising
> everything from the email address lookup to IMAP authentication with the
> backend server. It's not difficult, and you'll learn stuff up front that
> will be essential in your setup later anyway.

A) They have shell accounts on purpose, for reasons unrelated to email.

B) The domain group scheme is used to determine on what domains their
personal web pages are made available.

C) This is a setup that has grown up over 11 years using postfix; I'm
migrating to a new box and want the added functionality of Exim. In
postfix I'm handling email through a separate "database" (virtual
users file), but I wanted to reduce the number of places I'm
duplicating data.

Jim T.