Re: [exim] ACL filtering

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] ACL filtering
On 23 April 2010 19:05, Always Learning <exim.users@???> wrote:

> Peter Bowyer wrote on Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:23:57 +0100.
>
>> Discarding the countless man-years of effort already expended on this
>> topic would seem to be foolish. See Dynastop, Spamhaus PBL, and many
>> other projects. They've taken the time to get it right and think of
>> all the instances that your simplistic pattern matching falls over on.
>
> 1. One will never ever learn much simply by adopting other people's
> solutions.

Sorry, I thought you wanted something that worked. If it's education
you want.....

> 2. Yes the implementation of what I perceived to be Regular Expressions
> failed in my Exim 4.63 (no later versions available for my Linux
> distribution). Conducting a test in Perl, the same as Martin did,
> produces the same non-match so the inevitable question is why did the
> same criteria produce a radically different answer in Exim if both are
> using the same Regular Expressions ?

I believe someone who cares more than me about your education has
already pointed out your mistake.

> 3. I prefer to get the filtering working satisfactorily in Exim's ACL
> rather than to venture into very heavily RAM dependent (as alleged by
> others) Spam Assassin.

I didn't mention SpamAssassin. Did you read what I did mention?

> 4. Yes my pattern matching is indeed 'simplistic'. What can one
> realistically expect from a brand new Exim user of just 6 months
> experience of Exim who implemented his 'simplistic' solution with just 3
> months part-time knowledge ?

I would expect you to listen to all the people who are busy telling
you that there's a better way of achieving your objective. Oh, sorry,
I got your objective wrong - you don't need it to work, you need to
learn stuff.

> 5. If anyone can help explain why this gives the wrong result I shall be
> grateful.
>
>>> deny    message       = [C06.5]  Msg6 Msg2
>
> It matched 'olga.hinterlands.org'

Someone already did.

--
Peter Bowyer