Re: [exim] Exim Mailing List - Imposing Mimimum Technical Po…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Always Learning
To: Exim Users
CC: W B Hacker
Betreff: Re: [exim] Exim Mailing List - Imposing Mimimum Technical Posting Standards ?

Bill Hacker wrote on Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:36:02 -0400.

> Folks ....
>
> By definition, most of those who come here are seeking help for 'less than
> optimum' MTA setups.
>
> IOW - many have problems - often serious ones.
>
> And their arriving traffic is likely to *be* a bit broken.
>
> So if this list errs to the side of 'generous in what we accept' - we are more
> likley to be able to see those cries for assistance, provide help...and reduce
> the number of MTA installations that never do improve. Which would - unrepaired
> - add to the misery of the whole community. And tarnish the reputation of a
> damned fine NTA.
>
> So no - the list should not set any barriers to entry beyond the essential
> ones to prevent outright spam or abuse.
>
> And even that takes a good deal of dedicated manual intervention - for which I'm
> surely not alone in being damned grateful to have the benefit of.

Many thanks to you for your pertinent display of refreshingly good logic
and generous commonsense presented with decorum, diplomacy and
eloquence.

I have adjusted my acl_smtp_data filter to:

deny    message       = [C61] TO header missing. Msg2
        !recipients   = exim.users@???
        condition     = ${if !def:h_To: {1}}

Best regards,

Paul.