Re: [exim] Exim Mailing List - Imposing Mimimum Technical Po…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> So, you are saying that we [the mailing list managers] should conform to and impose an arbitrary set of rules that you have made up.
>
> On behalf of those mailing list managers I am saying no.
>
> If thats a problem to you, please unsubscribe.
>
> Case closed.
>
> [There is an additional part of the answer, but I have decided to not to bother with that as this time - its only two extra words though]

Folks ....

By definition, most of those who come here are seeking help for 'less than
optimum' MTA setups.

IOW - many have problems - often serious ones.

And their arriving traffic is likely to *be* a bit broken.

So if this list errs to the side of 'generous in what we accept' - we are more
likley to be able to see those cries for assistance, provide help...and reduce
the number of MTA installations that never do improve. Which would - unrepaired
- add to the misery of the whole community. And tarnish the reputation of a
damned fine NTA.

So no - the list should not set any barriers to entry beyond the essential
ones to prevent outright spam or abuse.

And even that takes a good deal of dedicated manual intervention - for which I'm
surely not alone in being damned grateful to have the benefit of.

Bill Hacker