[exim] Exim Mailing List - Imposing Mimimum Technical Postin…

Author: Always Learning
To: Exim Users

Is there a need for this Exim operated Exim mailing list to 'patch-up'
what I would describe as defective emails before circulating them to
members of the mailing list ?

As a contented Exim user and a disliker of spam I have a, so far, robust
system which has successfully prevented any spam being forwarded by
Exim. No Spam Assassin, no databases just some commonsense rules
programmed with the invaluable assistance of mailing list members.

One of the rejection reasons is no 'To:' header in arriving emails. This
Exim list doesn't care whether a email accepted for circulation has a
'To:' header but my Exim configuration does and therefore rejects it.

In the last week my Exim system has rejected about 6 such emails.

Should the list's Exim server:

    (a) impose a minimum standard of a 'To:' header; or

    (b) insert a 'To:' header when it has been omitted by the sender ?

Regards,

Paul.