Re: [exim] forwarded mail never arrives

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] forwarded mail never arrives
Sven Hartge wrote:
> On 21.04.2010 09:23, Peter Bowyer wrote:
>
>> Everything is fine, except you've fallen for a Gmail feature - an
>> email you sent will only ever appear as 'Sent', not in 'Inbox', even
>> if it gets re-delivered back to Gmail.
>
> Ahh! (200W light bulb flashes in background)
>
> This resolves the strange oddity I experienced lately with a user of
> mine (during testing of his mail account) which was exactly the same
> case as here.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Grüße,
> Sven.

BTW - if you haven't already twigged...

Given the 'low cost' of a GMail et al account, use a separate (possibly
synthetic) 'family member' ID or such to give yourself a test account that gets
around all that... and supports stricter/less-strict customizations, if you need
those.

There are also several among us who have volunteered to send or accept bespoke
traffic and peruse their logs for clues to help out when an Exim-related mystery
needs that.

'One hand washes the other' in this business.

HTH,

Bill Hacker