Re: [exim] Different target hosts and types for a Exim gatew…

Author: John Burnham
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [exim] Different target hosts and types for a Exim gateway
> Thank you John.
> I'm grateful to you as that has solved the literal IP issue - and
> without the cost of an additional lookup.
>
> The mx destination on the otherhand is still proving
> troublesome. Unlike
> the example I'm not using route_list but route_data as in:
>
> route_data      = ${lookup mysql{SELECT relay_destination
> FROM mailusers
> WHERE usertype=1 AND inbound=1 AND relay_type=0 AND active=1 AND
> email='${quote_mysql:$local_part}@${quote_mysql:$domain}'}}/MX

> And that bails with:
> <munged@munged> cannot be resolved at this time: lookup of host "/MX"
> failed in relay_to_mx router
> or
> <munged@munged> cannot be resolved at this time: lookup of host "/mx"
> failed in relay_to_mx router

Ah, sorry - I was perhaps a little unclear. Say your select returns
domain
what I would look at is altering the select to concatenate /mx to domain
so alter the select to be something like
select concat(relay_destination,'/mx') from mailusers (and so on)
might be a possibility.
This is untested but it's probably worth a try.