Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15
On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 15:08 -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> W B Hacker wrote:
> > ... ID like a zombot...
> >
> > Why would one NOT reject such an arrival?
>
> Well said, thanks. :-)
> The one problem with rDNS that I noticed is that most of the time it's
> your ISP who deals with it. Which requires you to request them to change
> the rDNS, and not every ISP is as responsive. Regardless if it's about a
> static home IP, or a corporate T3. They may also bill you extra for the
> service. A few extra $s ok (if it's a home ISP), but it annoys the hell
> out of me having to deal with unresponsive ISP heldesks.

It is becoming simpler to avoid this problem though - It costs somewhere
from $1 to $10 a month to have your own el-cheapo VPS running somewhere
around the world and most of them allow you to set the PTR RR at signup
or via a web interface.

Of course, not everyone can do that for themselves. Hence why you'll
need to provide it to them as a service.

--
The Exim manual - http://docs.exim.org