Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15

Author: Jeroen van Aart
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reminder: ClamAV 0.95 minimum from 2010-04-15
Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>> Deal with the IANA/IETF on your disagreement with what they - or the major
>> carriers who DO read and comply [1] - require, not with me.

> Please provide a link to the RFC you are talking about.

It's quite pointless whether an RFC exists or not, what happens
inpractice kind of dictates what you can do and can't.

Try to send out email without an rDNS it will become more problematic
over time and the more destinations you send email to.

More and more spamfilters block on the lack of an rDNS and a large % of
those will also block if the rDNS is generic and/or comes from an IP
range that's supposed to not send emails, say dynamic ranges assigned by
ISPs to home internet accounts. Many of those ISPs voluntarily list
those ranges in blocklists such as spamhaus as ranges which are not
supposed to send email.

So it's kind of an uphill struggle and everyone will end up hating you ;-)