Re: [exim] Slow initial response

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Slow initial response
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010, Marcin Miros?aw wrote:

> W dniu 06.04.2010 16:46, Mark Thornton pisze:
> > When connecting to port 25 my Exim 4.71 server takes several seconds to
> > respond with the initial announcement. Is this normal and can it be
> > speeded up. The server is virtually idle (CPU < 2%).
>
> It looks like problem with dns.

You didn't say if your configuration was substantially different from the
default. Maybe rfc1413_query_timeout (ident) is active in it, and
active but with a low timeout of 2s. It occasionally gets something
back).

http://old.nabble.com/Delay-when-connecting-to-send-mail-td15266057.html

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK