Re: [exim] A cryptic clue

Autor: Ian Eiloart
A: exim.ml, exim-users
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] SOLVED A cryptic clue
Assumpte: Re: [exim] A cryptic clue

--On 12 March 2010 18:54:52 +0000 exim.ml@??? wrote:

> I'm not green with mail servers, but this one is new to me:
>
> 550 Sender address belongs to a non-trusted organisation [macl]
>
> I'm told it's Exim but I'm not sure of the cause. It is given at the
> rcpt to stage and I'm suspecting some kind of acl from the message.

It's a custom message. It says that it's rejected the message because it
doesn't like the sender address, presumably the domain. The implication is
that only senders from trusted organisations are accepted for the
recipient. We have a rule like that for our ticket tracking software, for
example.

It's common to ignore the sender address until RCPT TO, in case the
recipient is postmaster. So, you could email postmaster@ and ask the
question there.

--
Ian Eiloart