Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports
On 26/02/2010 12:06, Mike Cardwell wrote:

>> I'm not receiving any delivery reports on Exim only read-receipts. How
>> can I activate this feature. Some of my users need delivery reports for
>> evidence that mail has been sent...
>
> Do you want "read-receipts" or "delivery reports" ? They're not the same
> thing. Look up the difference between the following two headers:
>
> Return-Receipt-To
> Disposition-Notification-To

Oh, you did actually say that it's delivery reports and not read
receipts. Read receipts are sent by the email client, not by Exim. Exim
doesn't do delivery reports. You might be able to hack something with
auto-responders, but you'll need to clarify your requirements.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226