Re: [pcre-dev] Support for Symbian OS

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bo Rydberg
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Support for Symbian OS
On Thu, 25 Feb 2010, Bo Rydberg wrote:

> I've made some modifications the PCRE release 8.01 that make it work
> on Symbian OS. This includes native support in the C++ class RE for
> Symbian descriptors (similar to std::string).
>
> I'd like to make them available and part of the next release of PCRE.
> Is this possible? And how would I go about doing it? I can mail the
> proposed changes.

Thank you for making your work available. If you email me the diffs, I
will pass them on to the folks at Google who created and maintain the
C++ wrapper, for their comments. If they are happy, I will include the
changes in the next release. I am expecting to start looking at what
needs doing for the next release sometime next week. There are a few
issues that need work, so it will take a week or two - maybe there will
be a new release around the end of March.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel