Re: [exim] Sender Verification

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Sender Verification
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 09:56:17AM +0200, Cobus Viljoen wrote:
> i have a question that to some might be an easy one but i've been battling with it and cant seem to get this working
>
> What i would like to do is the following:
>
> my question is:
>
> 1.    is this the right way of doing it?

Personally I'd look into other methods first, before resorting to sender
callouts.

Top priority of course is to stop the compromises in the first place.

Other than that, I'd look into: requiring SMTP AUTH; rate limiting; allowing
only whitelisted sender domains. Or maybe some combination, like only
applying rate limiting if the sender domain isn't whitelisted.

IMO, those methods are likely to be more reliable and less troublesome than
using sender callouts.

However, which of those methods are appropriate for you depends on things I
don't know, such as what "normal" mail looks like, in terms of
senders / recipients / subjects / sending rate.

--
Dave Evans
http://djce.org.uk/