Re: [exim] ldap_default_servers and ldapauth

Author: Nigel Wade
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] ldap_default_servers and ldapauth
J.R.Haynes wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 at 16:09 -0000, Nigel Wade wrote
>
>> Does anyone know if ldap_default_servers is supposed to work with
>> ldapauth? If it is, an idea what I am doing wrong in ldapauth?
>>

> It appears to work here. The only difference I can see between my config
> and yours (apart from the lookup expression) is that I don't use a macro
> LDAPS. I can't see why this should make any difference at all but have you
> just tried using ldaps:/// in place of the LDAPS macro within your
> expression?

That was it. Removing the macro and replacing it with ldaps:/// works. I
suppose there's a reason why a macro doesn't work there...

> The only other difference (well OK - different OS as well) is that the
> servers here are in DNS. Are you sure that /etc/hosts *is* being consulted
> for your lookups?
>
> Sorry I can't be much more help but I can confirm that ldapauth uses
> ldap_default_servers OK here.

I think that providing exactly the right answer qualifies as more than
sufficient help. Thanks for the information.

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555