Re: [exim] Diverting sub-domain to ;blackhole:

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Always Learning
Para: Exim Users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Diverting sub-domain to ;blackhole:

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply dated Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:15:21 -0800.

> Try --
>
> weg:
>     driver     = redirect
>     domains    = xyz.domain.com
>     data       = :blackhole:

Bingo ! It works !

In a standard example in the Routers section of Exim.conf ....

    system_aliases:
      driver = redirect
      allow_fail
      allow_defer
      data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/aliases}}
    # user = exim
      file_transport = address_file
      pipe_transport = address_pipe

'data' appears to be used in a different context, that of matching,
whilst file_transport and pipe_transport appear to be directing the
emails to another location.

If my understanding is correct, please can you help me by explaining why
your 'data' (which works) appears to be performing a directing function
(to blackhole) and not a matching function ?

Many thanks for your useful help.

Paul.