Re: [exim] Diverting sub-domain to ;blackhole:

Autor: Jeremy Harris
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Diverting sub-domain to ;blackhole:
On 02/11/2010 11:59 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> Wanting to divert sub-domain xyz.domain.com to a :blackhole: I first
> tried in Rewrite to change the envelope address with
>
> *@xyz.domain.com :blackhole: T
>
> but Exim rejected that coding.
>
> I tried again in Routers doing things like:
>
> weg:
>      driver     = redirect
>      data       = xyz.domain.com
>      transport  = :blackhole:

> 'Transport' is not allowed. The Exim 4.71 PDF fails to explain the
> syntax. Google can't find anything illustrative.

I don't know how much reading of the Fine Manual you did but....

"generic options for routers" :
"The transport option is not used by the redirect router"

Also I suspect you want "domain=" not "data=".

And ":blackhole:" does not smell like the name of a transport to me.
Perhaps you meant "data=" for that line, per the description of
redirection lists in the chapter on the Redirect router.

Cheers,
    Jeremy