Re: [exim] limiting exim process count?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] limiting exim process count?
B. Cook <bcook@???> wrote:
> We have a qmail server that is using ezmlm to manage a list of several
> hundred subscribers.

> When it sends a email (ezmlm does one to one emails) it generates 600+
> single/individual emails.

> When qmail sends to exim, exim immediately starts to deliver the mails
> which results in 600+ exim processes trying to deliver.

> Is there anyway to limit that?

Have you tried queue_run_max?

> I guess we could do queue runners, but that would put a delay on
> outbound mail delivery..

> Is there a way to queue emails 'from' a certain address so that exim can
> try after it figure out that 200+ emails have to go to aol.. so that it
> can try and deliver those in its most efficient manner..

You could set queue_smtp_domains to something like
${if match_ip{$sender_host_address}{1.2.3.4}{*}{}}
(I realize this matches on the sending host, not the envelope from,
but you get the idea.) See also thother queue_* options.

cu and- everything untested, I just browsed over queue_* in
http://docs.exim.org/current/spec_html/ch14.html#SECID116 -reas