Re: [exim] TLS question [SOLVED]

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Eric A. Boney
Para: exim-users
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [exim] TLS question
Assunto: Re: [exim] TLS question [SOLVED]
> Hi Eric,
>
> On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Eric A. Boney wrote:
> > I am trying to send email from my server using a Ruby Rails application.
> > The application uses ActionMailer to send out an authentication email.
> > Even though the method is supposed to support TLS I am getting issues on
> > my server that is rejecting the email.
> >
> > So I am wondering if there is a way to not require TLS for a specific
> > host? I have tried using host_avoid_tls = my.localhost.com in my
> > transport but it still seems to deny the connection for my host.
>
> Not requiring TLS is not the same as not allowing it. Even if you don't
> require it, Rails' ActionMailer will use it if it's offered. The easiest
> way to fix it is to disable that behaviour in the rails application by
> adding the following to config/environment.rb:
>
> ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
>
>    :domain => "my.host.name",
>    :enable_starttls_auto => false

> }
>
> > I know the hostname and the ip address of the specific machine that will
> > be attempting to send the email. Is there anyway possible to make exim
> > accept it without using TLS?
>
> Of course, you must accept email without TLS as well, but that is the
> default, so if you've changed it then you must know how you did so, to be
> able to undo it.
>
> Cheers, Chris.

Thanks all for the help. It appears this was actually a Rails issue after all
and nothing to do with my exim4 server setup. After hours of research there
was a plugin that needed to be installed to get it to work, even though every
piece of documentation that I read said that is should just plain work out of
the box with my version numbers.

Thanks again for the help.

-Eric