Re: [exim] TLS question

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sven Hartge
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] TLS question
On 03.02.2010 01:45, Eric A. Boney wrote:

> I am trying to send email from my server using a Ruby Rails application. The
> application uses ActionMailer to send out an authentication email. Even though
> the method is supposed to support TLS I am getting issues on my server that is
> rejecting the email.

Show log, get better help. Please don't obfuscate anything.

> So I am wondering if there is a way to not require TLS for a specific host? I
> have tried using host_avoid_tls = my.localhost.com in my transport but it
> still seems to deny the connection for my host.

transports are for outgoing mails, but you need to configure your Exim
for incoming mails.

> I know the hostname and the ip address of the specific machine that will be
> attempting to send the email. Is there anyway possible to make exim accept it
> without using TLS?

First, have a look at "tls_advertise_hosts" and then at
"auth_advertise_hosts"

Example from my config:

# Advertise TLS to everyone but 10.19.78.1
tls_advertise_hosts = !10.19.78.1 : *

# Advertise AUTH only if $tls_cipher is set
auth_advertise_hosts = ${if eq{$tls_cipher}{}{}{*}}

In your case, you need to adapt those two settings.
(Of course, allowing non-CHAP-AUTH without TLS is a potentially bad idea.)

Grüße,
Sven.