Re: [exim] Using OpenDNS

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Using OpenDNS
On 02/02/2010 19:59, Graeme Fowler wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 19:33 +0000, Martin Nicholas wrote:
> <snip>
>> If you're checking for an A-record you'll always get an answer with OpenDNS.
>
> Yep. That's their business model - the same one the the SiteFinder
> debacle rolled out to, er, the entire Internet a few years ago.
>
> If you choose to use their free service, they deliver content to you
> which might match the domain you requested when browsing for things
> which have no A record.
>
> If you pay, you get "Ad-free Guide and block pages".

crapbook:~ mike$ host -t a sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsgmail.com 208.67.220.220
Using domain server:
Name: 208.67.220.220
Address: 208.67.220.220#53
Aliases:

sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsgmail.com has address 67.215.65.132

Then I logged into my free opendns account and turned everything in the
advanced settings off and waited a few minutes. Now:

crapbook:~ mike$ host -t a sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsgmail.com 208.67.220.220
Using domain server:
Name: 208.67.220.220
Address: 208.67.220.220#53
Aliases:

Host sdsdsdsdsdsdsdsdsgmail.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
crapbook:~ mike$

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226