Re: [exim] dkim error in paniclog

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] dkim error in paniclog
On 2009-12-17 Tom Kistner wrote:
[...]
> Looking through the code, these are the most likely causes for the
> failures:
>
> 1) The message has more than 512 headers.
> 2) The message contains a single line longer than 16k bytes.

> Both are limits that can be tweaked in src/pdkim/pdkim.c. They are set
> to avoid DoS scenarios.

Hello,

this has come up again in <http://bugs.debian.org/567876>. Since the
triggered error message is not of the "oh no, something horribly and
unexpected broke, let's warn the admin about pending dooom."-kind it
should not go to paniclog (but only to mainlog). Further on a little
more verbosity could not hurt, dkim_exim_verify_feed's exit code
would provide more info.

thanks, cu andreas
so grateful to you.'