Re: [exim] Cannot send mail to gmail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Wilson
To: Hannibal Ndlovu
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Cannot send mail to gmail
Hi Hannibal,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Hannibal Ndlovu wrote:

> I am running a new Debian 5 with exim4.69
>
> When i try to send mail to gmail i get one of the following error
>
>           all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts

>                                        or

>                                   unroutable address

> My dns resolves correctly - i am running my own DNS server - most other
> domains have no problems but 1 or 2 others also give me the same errors
>
> i have tried to set the gmail.com and an ip for one of the MX in the
> hosts file with no luck, i would realy appreciate any assistance that
> can be provided.

You'd need to tell us the output of the following commands:

cat /etc/resolv.conf
host -t mx gmail.com (or whatever domain you're sending to)
host -t mx gmail.com 208.67.220.220 (using OpenDNS instead of your own DNS
server)

For reference, this is what I get:

chris@rocio(bbackupquery)$ host -t mx gmail.com 208.67.220.220
Using domain server:
Name: 208.67.220.220
Address: 208.67.220.220#53
Aliases:

gmail.com mail is handled by 30 alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 5 gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 40 alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 20 alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
gmail.com mail is handled by 10 alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.

Cheers, Chris.
--