Re: [exim] Panic in nwildlsearch

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Horne
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Panic in nwildlsearch
[From the original posting]:

> This is probably just a failure in my reading the documentation, but I
> see the following error and I can't see why it's trying to open a
> file
>
> 14:43:22 27954 failed to open /'#.@wirefast.com when checking
> "/'#.@wirefast.com": No such file or directory
>
> It's processing this condition in an ACL
>
> hosts =

${lookup{$header_x-imf-override-originator:}nwildlsearch{/path/to/file}}

> and the file contains
>
> /'#.@wirefast.com 10.20.30.40
>
> Now I can't see anything in the documentation that suggests
> nwildlsearch will try to open a file for a line/key stating with "/"

It's difficult to say whether this is a bug in the nwildlsearch
processing or not, or whether it is an unusual situation that simply has
not been documented.

The ${lookup will cause string expansion, and that includes the key. So
from that exim should interpret the leading '/' as being the start of a
pathname. However, you have specified nwildlsearch, so it may well be
that no expansion of the key should occur.

Regardless, if you escape the leading '/' in your file, you should then
find that the lookup works correctly - i.e. no panic log entry. E.g.

       \/'#.@wirefast.com 10.20.30.40

John.

--
John Horne, University of Plymouth, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001