Re: [exim] ACL filtering 3 dashes in host name

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Mike Cardwell
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] ACL filtering 3 dashes in host name
On 26/01/2010 13:53, Always Learning wrote:

> It does not work when I use
>
>     hosts         = ^*-*-*-*

>     hosts         = ^*-*-*-*$

> The panic file accumulates error messages.
>
>> If that cannot be used directly, the match condition can help:
>>
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch11.html#SECTexpcond
>
> That does not appear to expand strings like *-*-*-*
>
> Further along in the same ACL
>
> defer   message       = [F21] Anti-Spam Protection. Please retry in a
> few minutes.
>          domains       = aaaa.bbbb
>          !hosts        = *.uk : *.com : *.net : *.org

> works perfectly.
>
> If I can trap and use *.uk why can't I also trap and use *-*-*-* ?

Because "hosts" takes a "hostlist" as its argument, and "*-*-*-*" isn't
a valid item in a "hostlist"

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch10.html#SECThoslispatnam

"If a pattern starts with "*" the remainder of the item must match the
end of the host name. For example, *.b.c matches all hosts whose names
end in .b.c. This special simple form is provided because this is a very
common requirement. Other kinds of wildcarding require the use of a
regular expression."

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226