Re: [exim] intro & trouble shooting

Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] intro & trouble shooting
Richie Schut <r@???> (Di 26 Jan 2010 08:16:18 CET):
(…)
> I am working with a cPanel server, and have in the last few days had to
> restart exim a number of times. What are the steps you recommend taking
> to determine the cause of exim crashing? I am sure that the first thing
> you do is check the log files. But what are you looking for? Which log
> file?

Try

    exim -bP log_file_path

and substitute the %s you find with main, reject, and panic. This will
name the three log files.

(I'm no cPanel user, so it might be, that cPanel uses some more
sophisticated logging, or logs via syslog.?)

--
Heiko