[exim] intro & trouble shooting

Top Pagina
Auteur: Richie Schut
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [exim] intro & trouble shooting
Greetings

Just joined the list here and thought I should introduce myself. My
name is Richie Schut. I am an owner of a small multimedia company. As
the owner I have my hands in all parts of the business. Recently I have
found a need to expand my knowledge of linux servers, the command line,
and specifically exim.

I am working with a cPanel server, and have in the last few days had to
restart exim a number of times. What are the steps you recommend taking
to determine the cause of exim crashing? I am sure that the first thing
you do is check the log files. But what are you looking for? Which log
file?

Thanks for the help.
Richie