Re: [exim] Missing Web Site & Link Request

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jethro R Binks
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Exim Users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Missing Web Site & Link Request
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010, Always Learning wrote:

> "To unsubscribe from Exim-users, get a password reminder, or change your
> subscription options enter your subscription email address:"
>
> I clicked on "Unsubscribe and Edit Options" and got:-
>
>     http://lists.exim.org/mailman/options/exim-users/

> Brilliant exactly what I needed.

This utility is indicated from the same place as pretty much every
Mailman-operated mailing list. Now you've found it the once, you'll know
where to find the same for so many other lists. (That's not to say a more
direct link from other pages might be useful).

> Amongst the mailing lists email headers I found:-

> A trace route (using WS_Ping ProPack from 2000) ends up with a dead
> connection in Belgium at host-212-68-215-114.brutele.be
>
> Searching lon1-dns1.nildram.net for a DNS A record for
> exim-users.exim.org produces NAME_ERR.
>
> Please can this mailing list link be revised ?

It's not intended to be a resolvable DNS name, so don't try and use it
like one. It's just an identifier.

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK