Re: [exim] Will using a smarthost give me problems with chec…

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Will using a smarthost give me problems with checksonremote servers
Hello Rich,

Rich Stanton <stantonrj@???> (Sa 23 Jan 2010 16:25:21 CET):
(…)
> > You could configure your the dnslookup router (as in the example
> > config). And, since order matters, you could place a smarthost router
> > (driver = manualroute) before the dnslookup router, using a "domains =
> > ." precondition.
>
> The exim config files are some of the most complicated I've ever seen in a
> FOSS server, so I think I'll steer clear of hand hacking them until I have
> the time to read up on them properly!!

May be a good starting point is
    zcat \
    /usr/share/doc/exim4/examples/example.conf.gz \
    > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

I suppose that the ubuntu exim package does not differ from the debian
package.

While the package maintainer(s) tried hard to produce an easy „end
user“ configuration (just controled by some macros), I feel more
comfortable with the standard exim config file and with „hacking“ this
file. But this is my very personal opinion.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -