Re: [exim] Issues with greylisting

Inizio della pagina
Autore: David Woodhouse
To: Email Archive
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Issues with greylisting
On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 16:17 -0500, Email Archive wrote:
> For me greylisting all mail eliminates most of my spam and I hardly
> ever receive any calls regarding it.

Well, that's the important thing -- if your users aren't complaining
about mail being delayed, then I suppose you're fine. Although perhaps
it's just as well I'm not one of your users :)

I'm kind of surprised that your motivation is based on CPU time rather
than bandwidth. I've always considered CPU time to be fairly much free
on a sufficiently capable mail server -- even for SpamAssassin, assuming
you have enough RAM. It would be interesting to know if that remains
true for you after your switch, certainly.

David.Woodhouse@???                              Intel Corporation