Re: [exim] Issues with greylisting

Top Pagina
Auteur: David Woodhouse
Aan: Dave Evans
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Issues with greylisting
On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 15:20 +0000, Dave Evans wrote:

> Your messages have no Message-ID header; therefore I would guess that Exim is
> adding a Message-ID header for you, but that because the Message-ID it
> generates is different in test1 vs test2, the greylist fails to work (because
> greylisting is based at least in part on Message-ID).
>
> So this greylisting implementation doesn't work for incoming messages which
> have no Message-ID. Whether or not that is a problem is entirely up to you.

Exim _will_ add a Message-Id: header under certain circumstances, but I
don't believe it does so this early -- so $h_message-id should still be
empty at the time we're testing it.

Admittedly, I did originally implement this while I was outright
rejecting all messages without a Message-Id: header, but I'm fairly sure
I did later test that it works correctly with no message-id.

Raymond, don't drop me from Cc if you actually want me to continue
trying to help you. There's no guarantee that I'll actually look into my
exim mailing list folder.

--
dwmw2