[exim] 451 deferral for one recipient causes Exim to put ent…

Página Inicial
Autor: Brent Jones
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] 451 deferral for one recipient causes Exim to put entire domain in retry db
Hello,
We are running into a strange issue with Postini.
We have a message that is submitted to multiple users on the same
domain, however, Postini responds with "451 recipients not all at same
mail host -psmtp" for just one or two recipients.
Exim interprets this as a deferral for entire recipients domain, and
will not complete the message even to the recipients that were OK.
This puts the entire domain in the retry database, even though only 1
recipient had a temporary failure.

However, you can telnet to Postini, manually add the recipients, some
will give the 451 deferral, but you can continue to submit the message
and Postini will accept it, minus the recipients who were deferred.
Postini's behavior is strange admittedly, and I've read reports of
some other mail servers struggling with this, but I believe Exim could
work around this.

Is there a way to have Exim continue past a single deferral for
recipients on the same domain, and deliver to the recipients that were
accepted?

My Config:
FreeBSD 8.0, Exim 4.68, pretty standard relay configuration

--
Brent Jones
brent@???