Re: [exim] Special Relaying needed

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jakob Hirsch
To: Ron Lange
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Special Relaying needed
Ron Lange, 2010-01-13 23:33:
> Hi,
> I want a machine with exim to act as smarthost for another machine in
> the same network. The first machine on the other hand also delivering by
> an master smarthost, and only this machine is allowed for relaying over
> the master smarthost.
>
> In principle this setup is running fine ;) but the mails from the
> machine, which is not allowed for direct usage of the master smarthost,
> aren't delivered (of course, its ip and hostname appearing in the helo).

"aren't deliverd" is not much of a problem description. Please provide
the details.

As I understand, this is your setup:

A ("master smarthost")
^

B ("smarthost")
^

So, mail from C "aren't delivered". But which host rejects them? The
hostname in HELO is usually totally irrelevant for relaying, so I doubt
that this is the problem. (N.B., there is no way to provide an IP _and_
a hostname in HELO.)

C is probably not allowed to relay in B's config, so what you need is to
put C's IP (or hostname, if you have proper A and PTR DNS records) in
B's relay_from_hosts hostlist. But without log excerpt (at least from B,
preferably also from C), this is only a wild guess.