Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_direc…

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Kirill Miazine
To: ShaunR
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_directory)
* ShaunR [2010-01-12 10:00]:
>>You have list of domains that a particular user owns. So, you list the
>>messages in the queue, pick out those messages which are addressed to
>>those domains and count them.
>
>If the queue had 1M messages in it,

Big queue.

>dumping that list, sorting, filtering, counting would take a long time.
>Looking for somthing more on the fly. exim -bp takes a while to run,
>exim -bpc is pretty quick.

>>I'd try to deliver to the primary host first and if this fails, I'd
>>*deliver* the message in a local mailbox or maildir, which would belong
>>to a given user. That mailbox/maildir would be the spool. Then I'd have
>>a process that periodically tries to deliver messages in the
>>mailbox/maildir.
>
>I didnt know you could deliver a message into a mailbox/maildir and
>then force exim to take it back out for delivery later. How do you
>do this?

You don't force Exim to take it back (please re-read what I wrote), but
rather you re-inject the message into Exim. If messages in the directory
are stored in the batched SMTP format, you just call exim with -bS
option and pipe the data from the message file to the process.

Here's a link that will get you further:

     http://www.no.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch45.html#SECTbatchSMTP

This should get you a bit further. Now, please read the docs.

--
     -- Kirill Miazine <km@???>