Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_direc…

Autor: ShaunR
A: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Multiple Spool directories (not split_spool_directory)
On 1/12/2010 1:12 AM, Kirill Miazine wrote:
> * ShaunR [2010-01-11 10:21]:
>> > WHY????
>>
>> * I'd like to restrict each user to only be able to spool so many messages.
>
> Like, per hour?

No total in the queue at one time.

> You have list of domains that a particular user owns. So, you list the
> messages in the queue, pick out those messages which are addressed to
> those domains and count them.

If the queue had 1M messages in it, dumping that list, sorting,
filtering, counting would take a long time. Looking for somthing more
on the fly. exim -bp takes a while to run, exim -bpc is pretty quick.

> I'd try to deliver to the primary host first and if this fails, I'd
> *deliver* the message in a local mailbox or maildir, which would belong
> to a given user. That mailbox/maildir would be the spool. Then I'd have
> a process that periodically tries to deliver messages in the
> mailbox/maildir.

I didnt know you could deliver a message into a mailbox/maildir and then
force exim to take it back out for delivery later. How do you do this?

~Shaun